Guess what I just did? For the first time this entire season, I actually snuck a peek at the team standings in Major League Baseball.
Yeah, sorry, but my lack of enthusiasm for the baseball season persists. Let's put this in terms readily understandable... I've watched more of the World Cup and, prior to that, the Women's College World Series (softball) than baseball.
Well, looking at the standings was really strange to me. Lots of things I never would have expected. Here's a division-by-division breakdown:
- American League East - Meh, no real surprises. Yankees and BoSox at the top as always.
- American League Central - The Tigers? Really? Hmmm. I never would've seen that one coming. And I swore that, about a month ago, I overheard someone saying that the Royals were doing pretty well. Sure don't look it to me.
- American League West - When the hell did Los Angeles get an AL team?!?! Oh wait... it's those identity-crisis-stricken Angels, isn't it?
- National League East - The Mets are in first and the Braves are in last?!?! WTF?
- National League Central - Cubs doing badly??? The hell you say! Speaking of which, you want a couple good Cubs jokes? Read below.
- National League West - The NL West is the strongest overall division in baseball? Is Rod Serling delivering a monologue somewhere and I'm missing it?
Yeah, okay, time to go into hermit mode again.
Here are those jokes as relayed to me by a White Sox fan (who knows I'm a Cubs fan)...
Q - Why don't the Cubs have a Web site?
A - Because they can't put three Ws together. (Get it? W="win")
Q - Why did Pete Rose move across the street from Wrigley Field?
A - He wanted to get as far away from baseball as possible.
Here's something completely unrelated. But I feel I must share as it's one of the funniest posts I have read in a while. It comes from Danny, the man behind Dad Gone Mad. I blame Allison for getting me hooked on him.
Before you read what I consider the funny-ass post, you should probably get some backstory on it. Oh, and don't read while you're eating. Just a tip.
And here are the final bunch of International _____ Day posts for June:
- Thursday, June 22 - International Food Court Day (mine)
- Friday, June 23 - International Bugs Potter Day
- Saturday, June 24 - International Have Sex With A Coworker Day
- Sunday, June 25 - International Take a Nude Picture Day
- Monday, June 26 - International Those Wacky Nazis Day
- Tuesday, June 27 - International Don't Ask Day
- Wednesday, June 28 - International Be Yourself Day
- Thursday, June 29 - International Bitchin' Top Ten Lists Day
- Friday, June 30 - TBA