I know that I've read some memes lately on a few blogs here and there that I've liked and wanted to take part in. However, at the moment, they're avoiding me. That's right, I cannot find the sites where I originally read them. So I guess I will have to create one for today.
I shall call it...
- Driver's seat or passenger seat?
- What was the first car you owned (could have been purchased by someone else)?
- What is the first car you paid for yourself?
- How many cars are currently housed in your place of residence? How many are still operable?
- If money were not a factor, what kind of car would you own?
- If a police investigation was not a factor, what kind of car would you destroy any time you see it? Why?
- Does driving in big city traffic fill your veins with adrenaline or your pants with something a bit worse?
- What is your biggest pet peeve regarding driving and/or your fellow drivers?
- What's the most expensive traffic ticket you've ever received (could be monetary or jailtime)?
- What is the name you've given to your current vehicle (be honest, everyone names their car)?
And my answers...
- Driver's seat, definitely. While I do admit to liking being a passenger in my wife's car from time to time, any time I'm in the passenger seat of my truck, I feel like an alien without a green card.
- A 1984 Chrysler LeBaron purchased by my parents in 1992. I flipped it a month and a half later. I didn't own another car until late 1997, although I drove one of my dad's old business cars when I was home from college.
- My red 1997 Ford Ranger that I'm still driving.
- Two, the Ranger and Katie's 2000 Dodge Stratus.
- Tough choice, but I think I will have to go with a 1964 Shelby Cobra.
- Honda Element. The fugliest car I've ever seen. It looks like those old-styled train engineer caps. In a close second is the Pontiac Aztek. Gah! Thank God they killed that line.
- Adrenaline, baby! I live for competing with taxi drivers. So long as it's not Travis Bickle, I suppose.
- Idiots of any variety. Slow drivers, drivers that cut you off, drivers more attuned to their cellphones than the job at hand, you name it.
- $75 for 15 over. No jail time. Sorry to disappoint.
- A few different names.
- "Lordbug" - a name given by one of my friends since my truck is black and red like a ladybug but far too manly to be given that name; so the Ranger got a variant.
- "Beast" - with Katie's car being "Beauty."
- "Red Ranger" - for obvious reasons.
- "Anduril" - for all you not so well versed in Lord of the Rings lore, Anduril is the sword that Aragorn carries and he's a Ranger from the west. My truck is a Ranger and he resides with me in Chicago's far west suburbs.
You know the routine. No tags. Just takes.